Live music promo posters by The Chatham Music Archive 2016.
Posts Tagged ‘chatham kent’
Band: Moondog Howlers
Release: (CD) Self Titled.
Home: Chatham-Kent Ontario Canada
Buy: Currently available at Aug’s video in Chatham & Blenheim. Look on iTunes, shortly.
Mike Copley – Vocals
Alex Polowick (Aug) – Guitar
Dwayne Purdy: Bass
Mark Tremblay – Keyboards
Rick Chrysler – Drums
Notes: Formerly known as the local blues cover band ‘Blues on the Rocks’, the name change comes with the release of this original release. The guys have been honing their craft on the live scene locally for many years. This line-up of some of the most talented and well rooted musicians in the local scene for decades, comes together seemingly effortlessly. Without going into the individually rich members bio’s, it is safe to say that this release is everything you would expect to stand side by side with a major label blues album.
Kelly “Mr. Chill” Hoppe – Harmonica (Track 7,9,13).
Kelly Authier – Backing vocals (Track 1&3).
01. My way home
02. I got an angel
03. Feelin’ good
04. Is there anybody out there
05. My momma told me
07. I don’t want you
08. Close to you
10. Stuck on you
11. You gotta Know
13. Keep my motor running
* Watch the album preview below.
Artist: Brooklyn Roebuck
Release: Good Day
Home: Chatham-Kent Ontario
Notes: Brooklyn Roebuck releases her song ‘Good Day’.
* In 2016, Brooklyn also released one song entitled ‘Sweet On Me’.
Written by Brooklyn Roebuck and Annette Barkley. Visit her website for links.
* Watch the video below.
Artist: Michelle Wright
Single: Laugh a Little
Genre: Country Music
Michelle is from the Chatham-Kent Ontario Canada and moved to Tennessee in the 90’s, and has lived there since.
Five-time CCMA Female Artist of the Year and Canadian Hall of Fame singer Michelle Wright is releasing her first single to Country radio in the United States in more than a decade. “Laugh A Little” is from her album, Strong, which has already seen strong support in Canada.
Download the song below:
In the United States:
Amazon MP3: http://amzn.to/1anLoEm
Google Play: http://bit.ly/1HnbtxK
Band: Objective Unknown
Release: II (EP)
Genre: Classic Rock
Objective Unknown formed in march 2009 with Cole Mills on Guitar/Lead Vocals/Drums, Dane Appleton on Guitar/drums, and Daryn Trainor on bass. After a few line up changes Hudson Cattoor joined the group in February 2010, on Drums/Percussion.
Daryn Trainor – Vocals, Bass Guitar, Keys
Cole Mills – Vocals, Guitar, Keys
Hudson Cattoor – Drums and Percussion
Dane Appleton -Lead Guitar, Producer
1 Man Tonight
2 Company You Keep
3 Sorry (So Sorry)
4 Sing If It Makes You Feel Better
5 Down and Out
Artist: The Universe Featuring Ray
Release: Cope (EP)
From: Blenheim Ontario
Based in: London Ontario.
Year: 2015 (May)
THE UNIVERSE FEATURING RAY, is a solo artist named Ray Stern, (former lead of The Peace Leeches) creating alternative/rock music. Based out of London, Ontario, Canada, his fall. Stay Tuned!
2. Dollars & Cents
3. The River
4. I Is What I Is
6. Babies of the Sun
The Official tribute to Chatham’s legendary Rock Bar, the Aberdeen.
* Sat. August 13th, 2016
* At Bar Out Back, Chatham (Behind Swiss Chalet)
* 160 Keil Drive South, Chatham, Ontario.
* The event sold out.
* View above pic in original large size here.
* The show began at 8pm to a full house. Some of the bands on the bill were reuniting for the first time in years. Lyra reunited for the first time in 28 years and played flawlessly. Beggar’s Opera, Foster Child, & Electric Voodoo all shared in their respective reunions. The Aberdeen had closed 20 years ago this year.
* Highlights included the people who attended. It was a love fest of a true nature, in that all that attended, were attendee’s from back in the day. Many people signed the huge Aberdeen reunion sign, which can be seen at Bar Out Back, in Chatham.
Electric Voodoo (Reunion) (1-2AM)
The Smash Tones (10:30-12:30PM)
Lyra (Reunion) (9-10PM)
Foster Child & Beggars Opera (8-9PM)
* Watch the video below.