Band: Michael Schatte
CD Release: Four Songs, One Apocalypse
Release year: 2012
From: Chatham Ontario
Resides: Toronto area
* This is a five song independent release.
* In addition to the guitar, Schatte plays mandolin, violin, and a host of other instruments on his albums)
* Michael’s instrumental portion of his song ‘This Time Last Year’ (f2009 release) was chosen for a GE corporate video compaign concerning the company’s use of Facebook. Video here..
* Michael performed on June 1st, 2013 at Chatham’s lovely Capitol Theatre as part of Bluesfest 2013 (a guitar festival featuring Schatte, Tom Lockwood, Jack de Keyzer and others).
* Michael Schatte instructed a 4-part, 10-hour songwriting workshop presented by the Thames Institute of the Arts in Chatham-Kent in early 2012. The workshop was part of the Literary Arts Festival hosted by St. Clair College in Chatham-Kent.
* Fresh off a highly successful 2009/2010 season of The Educational Concert Series, multi-instrumentalist, vocalist, and songwriter Michael Schatte will be performing regularly at schools across South Western Ontario and the Greater Toronto Area during the 2010/2011 school year. Students will be exposed to a wide variety of musical styles (blues, celtic, rock, medieval, folk etc.) demonstrated on several different instruments, and interspersed with informative commentary regarding the instruments, their history, and the way in which Michael uses them.
Being a professional musician as well as having recently completed his Masters degree in history, Michael is in a unique position to share his enthusiasm and first-rate skill in a manner both educational and highly entertaining.
2012 – Michael Schatte – Four Songs, One Apocalypse
2009 – Michael Schatte – Crow Filled Sky
2006 – Michael Schatte – Hard Ticket
1999 – Midnight Mojo
Email your info & pics to: email@example.com