Ken Crone Trio (2008)July 6, 2009
Band: The Ken Crone Trio
CD Release: ‘Bout Time
Ken Crone – piano
Pat Crone – drums
Ed Laporte – bass
01 just friends
02 Canadian sunset
06 my favourite things
07 watch what happens
08 gentle rain
10 opus one
11 just squeeze me
12 take the train
13 oscars blues
* The Release contains 13 tracks recorded at EyreSpace Studios and live at the Blind Dog Bar and Grill in Chatham Ontario Canada.
* All songs were recorded in the summer of 1997 and 1999 and includes covers from many of the jazz greats.
* Ken & Eddie have been playing together since the late 1950’s. Ken’s son Pat joined the group on drums in the late 1970’s. Ken also plays for ‘ManPower’.
* Ken Crone has worked with Bill Cosby, Phyllis Diller, the Mills Brothers, the McGuire Sisters and other legends.
* At age 80, Ken Crone has been making music for almost 70 years. For the past 3 years, the Ken Crone Trio has been performing to sold-out crowds at Studio One in Chatham.
* Born in St Thomas, Ken Crone moved to Chatham at around age 18, and has called it home ever since.
* Ken also worked for a few years in London Ontario, from 1962 – 1967, where led the house band at the Iroquoir Casino. This was the venue for many of the international touring acts of the time and Ken’s group backed them all.
Recording Credits: Stephen Fowler and Bob Hiltz.